- California State University, Sacramento Department of Design
- Sacramento, California
- Teach 12 units per semester. This equates to 4-6 studio-based courses per academic year.
- Develop curriculum in the upper and lower division addressing narrative photographic practices, as well as curriculum involving community-based social practices with photography.
- Lead student advising, recruitment, oversight of part-time faculty, curriculum development and other related activities aimed at fostering growth of the Photography program.
- Pursue excellence in teaching effectiveness; peer-reviewed creative, scholarly, and/or professional activity, and service to the Department, College, University.
- Engage actively with the local and regional community through service and scholarship.
- Earned MFA or equivalent terminal degree in the art by August 2022.
- Record of sustained professional creative practice and/or engagement in photography.
- Evidence of teaching or community-based organization and leadership at the secondary, adult, or college level.
- Evidence of sustained practice involving contemporary narrative forms of photography. Examples of narrative photography could include documentary, fictionalized narrative, long-form editorial, or experimental forms of storytelling through photographs.
- Evidence of sustained artistic/photographic practice through socially engaged, collaborative or community-facing forms of engagement and/or co-creative work.
- Proficiency with and ability to teach established/primary photographic tools, equipment, processes, and software to students.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- 3 years teaching or educational experience at the secondary, adult, or collegial level.
- Experience working with contemporary or emerging forms of photographic capture, production, distribution, and output.
- Experience working with digital video/time-based equipment, techniques, and software.
Initial review of applications will begin January 7, 2022. Application must include:
SEMI-FINALISTS will be invited to participate in a brief Zoom interview.
FINALISTS will be invited to campus, where we are holding our final interview process. If invited, you will also be asked to provide a current letter of recommendation from a professional contact within the last three years.
More search results
Faculty Position in Sedimentary Systems Science
University of Minnesota, Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences, Twin Cities
Multiple Tenure-stream Positions
Dept.of Computer Science, University of Toronto
Two Position Announcements for Professor level Op…
University of Arizona, School of Plant Sciences
Faculty in School of Music: Music Skills and Theo…
CalArts - California Institute of the Arts
Assistant/Associate Professor of Communication: F…
School of Communication, Western Michigan University