Intern-Information Desk and Departmental Library
- University of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Intern-Information Desk and Departmental Library
Job Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-Exempt
Job Description Summary
The University of Pennsylvania Libraries seeks energetic Interns to participate as members of our Academic Engagement and Departmental Libraries teams, receive mentoring by a progressive and seasoned team of professional librarians, and jumpstart your career as an information professional!
These interns will serve at the Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center Information Desk, provide basic reference assistance, research referrals, and informational and directional assistance. Interns will participate in the Libraries' chat and email reference services. Interns may serve at one or more departmental libraries including the Atwood Veterinary Medicine, Levy Dental Medicine, Fisher Fine Arts, and the Penn Museum Libraries.
- Serve at Van Pelt-Dietrich Information Desk. Hours may include evenings and weekends
- Answer reference and directional questions
- Refer patrons to subject and technical specialists
- Provide project support for departmental librarians in Vet, Dental, Fine Arts, and Museum libraries
- Projects may include but are not limited to
- Systematic review assistance
- Outreach to communities
- Circulation desk coverage
- Social media support
- Exhibits preparation
- Research impact assessment
- Event planning and programming
- Collections analysis, instructional sessions
- Current graduate student in ALA accredited library or information science program or another graduate studies program.
- A desire to work in libraries and support a diverse academic community
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong service orientation and willingness to trouble shoot
- Desire to learn, adapt quickly, and work independently.
- Desire to explore working in a variety of fields including health sciences, anthropology, archaeology, arts, design, or architecture
- Desire to work in libraries and support a diverse academic community
- Flexibility regarding work location
- Attention to detail
*** REQUIRED*** Please provide a resume and cover letter for consideration. Please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of the application prior to submitting.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
$7.25 - $230.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Van-Pelt-Library/Intern-Information-Desk-and-Departmental-Library_JR00042976
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Faculty Position in Sedimentary Systems Science
University of Minnesota, Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences, Twin Cities
Multiple Tenure-stream Positions
Dept.of Computer Science, University of Toronto
Two Position Announcements for Professor level Op…
University of Arizona, School of Plant Sciences
Faculty in School of Music: Music Skills and Theo…
CalArts - California Institute of the Arts
Assistant/Associate Professor of Communication: F…
School of Communication, Western Michigan University