Clinician Educator - Nurse Scientist Pediatric Data Science
- University of Pennsylvania
School of Nursing
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Open Date: Oct 26, 2021
Clinician Educators are standing faculty members at the University of Pennsylvania (see II.B.2 of the University's Faculty Handbook for details ). Clinician Educators (CE) teach in the hands-on world of clinical practice and work to create deep and sustaining relationships with our practice partners, including the Children's Hospital of Pennsylvania. By teaching in such an immersive way, CE give students a mentored, hands-on experience in the everyday practicalities of the nursing profession.
In alignment with the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing's 2020-2025 Strategic Plan, the Department of Family and Community Health and the Department of Biobehavioral Health Sciences, in partnership with the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, seek applicants for a CE position in Pediatric Data Science. The successful candidate must possess an emerging local reputation as an outstanding clinician in their area of expertise, and show promise of both academic productivity and teaching excellence. The candidate will be expected to contribute to the undergraduate and graduate teaching mission of the School in the areas of pediatrics, informatics, and/or data science.
Provides leadership in the development, implementation, evaluation, enhancement, and maintenance of a comprehensive nursing research program in pediatric data science. Develops pediatric nursing research goals in collaboration with the Sr. Director of Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice, members of the Department of Nursing and Clinical Care Services (NCCS) and Colket Chair (Research Institute). The Nurse Scientist -Pediatric Data Science will report to the Sr. Director for Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice and will be responsible for leading CHOP-based data-driven initiatives utilizing nurse sensitive outcomes to advance nursing practice at CHOP.
CE faculty responsibilities
- Leads data and analytics initiatives for NCCS.
- Oversees development, refinement and continued expansion of the NCCS unit-profiles and dashboards.
- Collaborates with Departmental and Organizational stakeholders (inclusive of Clinical Operations and Research Institute) to ensure initiatives align with NCCS and organizational priorities.
- Contributes to strategic plans to meet educational needs of NCCS staff to promote efficient and effective engagement with the dashboards.
- Helps to define patient focused outcome priorities; defines appropriate analytic models and identifies relevant data sources for analysis.
- Advises and guides NCCS leadership on strategy development with regard to meaningful use of comprehensive data to refine clinical operations.
- Identifies and explores new data driven approaches to improve patient outcomes.
- Cultivates a culture of inquiry by questioning or evaluating current practice to improve standards and guidelines.
- Assumes responsibility for implementation and ongoing development of a comprehensive, state of the art, pediatric nursing research program at CHOP by providing leadership, mentorship and consultation.
- Actively participates in professional and community activities.
To apply, visit https://apply.interfolio.com/97813
The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University of Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class. Questions or concerns about this should be directed to the Executive Director of the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Programs, University of Pennsylvania, 421 Franklin Building, 3451 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6205; or (215) 898-6993 (Voice) or (215) 898-7803 (TDD).
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Faculty Position in Sedimentary Systems Science
University of Minnesota, Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences, Twin Cities
Multiple Tenure-stream Positions
Dept.of Computer Science, University of Toronto
Two Position Announcements for Professor level Op…
University of Arizona, School of Plant Sciences
Faculty in School of Music: Music Skills and Theo…
CalArts - California Institute of the Arts
Assistant/Associate Professor of Communication: F…
School of Communication, Western Michigan University