Associate Vice President for Information Services - CIO
- Kalamazoo College
- 1200 Academy Street Kalamazoo Michigan 49006-3295
- Vice President
The AVPIS-CIO will report to Provost Danette Ifert Johnson and provides leadership and coordination for the strategic use of information resources and services that advances the College's mission.
The AVPIS-CIO manages the comprehensive information environment including on-premises and cloud-based applications, network services and infrastructure, software evaluation and deployment, telecommunications, equipment purchase and repair, computer labs and classrooms, user support services, and library services and collections. Serving as the principal information leader for the College, the AVPIS-CIO is responsible for leading the IS team and anticipating the College's future information technology needs.
Information Services is a combined organization that includes IT groups and the Library. The IT organization comprises Technical and Media Services, Web Services, Administrative Computing, and Educational Technology with a staff of approximately twenty. The thirteen staff who work in the library organization are led by the Director of the Library who reports to the AVPIS-CIO. The Library building includes the College Archives, the A.M. Todd Rare Book Room, and the Learning Commons.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in technology, management, or information-related field. Eight to ten years of management experience in library and/or information technology.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Excellent leadership and personnel development skills
- Ability to handle a complex and diverse set of responsibilities
- Current knowledge of computing and communications-related technology such as digital networks, telephony, multimedia applications, distributed computing, hardware and software infrastructure, and cloud-based services as well as of best practices and emerging solutions in the management of library resources.
- Broad knowledge of legal issues and risks relating to cyber security, privacy, and data stewardship.
- Ability to create oral and written reports and presentations concisely and effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all campus constituencies
Kalamazoo College has retained Opus Partners ( www.opuspartners.net ) to support this recruitment. Katie Dean, Associate Partner, is leading the search. Confidential inquiries, applications, and nominations may be sent to email@example.com
Kalamazoo College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
More search results
Faculty Position in Sedimentary Systems Science
University of Minnesota, Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences, Twin Cities
Multiple Tenure-stream Positions
Dept.of Computer Science, University of Toronto
Two Position Announcements for Professor level Op…
University of Arizona, School of Plant Sciences
Faculty in School of Music: Music Skills and Theo…
CalArts - California Institute of the Arts
Assistant/Associate Professor of Communication: F…
School of Communication, Western Michigan University