Human Resources Director (HR Manager) Crookston Campus
The position is a 12-month, full-time, annual renewable position based on funding and performance starting April 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter. Excellent benefits package including retirement, medical, dental, disability and life insurance.
The University of Minnesota Crookston (UMN Crookston) Director of Human Resources reports to the Chancellor, the Director of HR works closely with the Chancellor and Vice Chancellor, academic administrators and program directors, supervisors, faculty, and other university employees. The Director of HR additionally works with consultants and administrators on the Twin Cities campus, union and civil service representatives, and multiple campus vendors. The Director is responsible for managing the work of the University of Minnesota Crookston’s human resource functions including arranging for the provision of services relating to diversity and inclusion, recruitment, orientation, reassignment, promotion, termination, layoff, compensation administration, processing of grievances, employee/union relations, employee benefits, compliance with human resource policies, and supervision of human resource support staff. The director additionally provides consultation using analytical and technical skills, and oversees the professional development of faculty and staff.
- Highly collaborative strategic business partner
- Provides HR guidance, equitable support, and strong leadership
- Strong problem solving and ethical decision making skills
- In-depth knowledge of HR functions supporting the people, organization, and workplace
- In-depth knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, unions, human resources, and talent management
- Demonstrates complete confidentiality
Earned bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field plus six years of professional human resource work experience.
- Master’s Degree in Management, Human Resource Management, Business Management or related field.
- SHRM Certification or SCP or CP/HRCI Certification
- Demonstrated leadership that inspires, uplifts, and challenges, always in service to others and with a goal of creating a learning community that is more equitable and welcoming
Applications must be submitted online. You will have the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume. Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
More search results
Student Services Program Manager II (Asst Directo…
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Vice Provost For Diversity, Equity And Inclusion
University of Vermont
Assistant Professor in Stem Cell Biology or Regen…
University of California, Irvine
Professor, Open Rank, 4 positions, Biological / C…
Oregon State University, College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences
Assistant or Associate Professor (Lecturer)
University of Utah - Department of Management