Principal Research Associate, Cardiac Cell Therapy
- Sana Biotechnology
- Seattle, Washington
- Other, Researcher
- Washington State
Sana Biotechnology is looking to expand our team with hard-working individuals who believe in the potential of cells as engineered medicines, have the vision to do creative things, and the determination to execute that vision. Works on projects of diverse scope. Exercises judgement within broadly defined practices to select methods, techniques and evaluation criteria. Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration and independent thought.
To accelerate the developing transformative new approaches to engineer and deliver cells as medicine, we seek a Principal Research Associate with Pluripotent Stem Cell (PSC), differentiation, and assay experience to join the Sana team. The qualified individual will be responsible for culturing and differentiating PSCs, as well as conducting phenotypic and functional assays for their characterization. This position will report to the Senior Director, Cardiac Cell Therapy. The ideal candidate will support Sana's efforts developing next-generation technologies to create cells as medicines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs Pluripotent Stem Cell Culture and Differentiation experiments.
- Develop and run assays of cell phenotype and functional characterization, including qRT-PCR, flow cytometry, and immunofluorescent imaging.
- Investigates, creates and develops new methods and technologies for project advancement.
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgement and initiative.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets and presents results.
- Understands implications or work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature.
- Works well on a team, as well as, designs and conducts own experiments with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree with >6 years of experience or Master's degree with at least 4 years of experience in industry or academic setting.
- Experience with maintenance and differentiation of Pluripotent Stem Cells.
- Demonstrated experience with aseptic cell culture methods, including cryopreserving, thawing, and expanding cell lines.
- Experience with in vitro assay development, including flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, and qRT-PCR.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues, both individually and part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability adapt communication style to interact effectively with a range of collaborators including research associates, technical experts, computational biologists, cell biologists, and therapeutic teams.
- Strong organizational, record keeping, and data documentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and data quality, and experience working on diverse collaborative teams.
Ability to work evenings and weekends is required.
- Carrying, handling and reaching for objects up to 25 lbs
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic/dangerous chemicals
- Manual dexterity required to operate office and lab equipment
More search results
Assistant Professor, Public & Applied Humanities
University of Arizona, Public and Applied Humanities
Department Head, Spanish and Portuguese
University of Arizona College of Humanities
Medical Director, Adult Congenital Heart Disease
UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital
Open-Rank Professor and Director of Choral Studies
NAU School of Music
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream, Statistical…
University of Toronto, Department of Statistical Sciences